Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lots of Stuff

I set up the light box again, so here are pics of a bunch of things I've been meaning to get to.

This is a knitted scarf I did in December. I'm particularly pleased with it because it's one of the first times I've improvised something just because I wanted it. In this case, I needed a black scarf to go with an outfit for an Xmas party. I can wrap this around my neck a couple of times and still have enough length to knot it. It took me about 1 day to do:
ScarfMiddle

ScarfEdge
Ravelry link for technical details.

And here are the better pics of the fez-wearing monkey amigurumi:
FezMonkeyFront

FezMonkeySide

FezMonkeyBack
Ravelry link for technical details.

And improved grim reaper amigurumi pics. I still need to figure out the scythe, though:
GrimReaperFront

GrimReaperSide

GrimReaperBack
Ravelry link for technical details.

And something new - a baby penguin! Addicted to amigurumi? Maybe. This one is for J.:
BabyPenguinFront

BabyPenguinSide

BabyPenguinBack
Ravelry link for technical details.

By the way, I thought the penguin eyes were blue, but be damned if they aren't green. I double-checked the yarn label and got M. to look at it too. Huh. I never have been all that good at telling green from blue.

And last, a crocheted dice bag I improvised for myself. I admit, there's a ball of yarn in there along with the dice just to show the shape:
DiceBagSide

DiceBagTop
Ravelry link for technical details.

Remind me not to let these stack up again...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, your baby penguin actually looks like the picture with the pattern, unlike mine. Very cute! I just showed J.

Unknown said...

The dice bag looks really good. I bet you will get requests for those.

tada said...

Funny thing is, I think your penguin is closer to the one in the book than mine, especially the feet and beak. I'll bring it for J. the next time we visit. :-)

amc said...

I showed your pics to Amber and she loved the green-eyed penguin.