Thursday, January 1, 2009

Miami Projects

This year I took crochet projects to Miami instead of knitting. I was a bit worried about getting knitting needles through since we took only carry-on luggage, but I figured I wouldn't be too upset if they made me toss a couple of plastic crochet hooks.

A. inspired me to try making amigurumi toys. The baby octopus ended up going to our seatmate on our last plane back from Miami. She was a teenager who was very, very patient during our 3.5 hour delay on the runway (arg!) and since she squealed when she saw the octopus and called it "hecka cute!" I couldn't resist giving it to her as an Xmas present.

The duckling ended up going to my mother-in-law because she asked M. to ask me if she could have it. What have I learned? Cute is irresistible. :)

Baby Octopus:
Octopus

Baby Octopus on dresser (to give an idea of the size):
Octopus_Context

Duckling:
Duckling

Duckling & Baby Octopus together:
OctopusAndDuckling

And while I'm at it, here are some quick-and-dirty coasters I did. Our room in Miami didn't have coasters, so...
Coasters

Technical details on Ravelry: Baby Octopus and Duckling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They look great! Julian wants a penguin. ;)