Monday, April 14, 2008

Stockinette = Pringle's Potato Chip

Alas. No amount of blocking can make this necktie behave. AD knitted this beautiful tie, but it curls. I blocked the hell out of it, but no dice. As soon as we put the tie on her husband's neck, the damn thing curled right up again. She tried steaming it and ironing it after that, but no. We talked about lining it with a stiff fabric, but it would be one exceptionally uncomfortable tie.

Don't know if you can make out the knocked over pins in these pics, but they're courtesy of M's cat. So helpful.







Edited to add:

AD says:
I sprayed the tie with the imitation spray starch "Magic Sizing" and let it dry while pinned flat. Then I carefully wound it up and stuck a couple pins in it. It looks like a sushi roll. I just unwound it and it looks good so I wound it back into the sushi roll and will store it like that until needed.
Yay!

No comments: