Thursday, April 10, 2008

A's Purse Is Finally Done

Poor A has been suffering, purseless, for a few years now. Maybe more. I meant to give this to her for Xmas some time back, but I got stuck on the sewing-it-together part.

I had a guy at work who was going to do the sewing for me in exchange for some knitting, but his sewing machine died. I like to think I passed this project's curse on to him. And since the curse was gone my luck turned around and my sister-in-law, AD, sewed it together for me last Sunday.

AD used dark blue canvas for the lining and she suggested the nifty buttons in the corners. And she used the magnetic clasp and straps I purchased previously. I used a grey mystery yarn Mom sent me for the actual knitting. It's approximately DK weight. The cable pattern is from Viking Patterns For Knitting. The back of the purse is the same as the front.





No comments: