Monday, April 14, 2008

Learning to Crochet

Turns out, crocheting is good for more than just putting edges on knitted projects and using the hook to pick up dropped stitches. Who knew? AD is showing me how to crochet. I've tried to figure it out from books, but I got frustrated with it. And why do it that way when I have an expert available?

This will be a little wallet-sized bag when it's done, very much like a messenger bag except smaller. So far it's 6 inches wide and 3 1/4 inches tall.

(There's M's cat again, helping. She considers the crochet hook a fine toy and likes batting it around. I'll have to find a way to block her efforts to steal the hook from me when I'm not paying attention. I may even have to resort to putting my project away when I'm not working on it, but I'm saving this as a last resort.)



No comments: