Tuesday, May 12, 2009

After Blocking

Well, it didn't block too badly. At first I thought it looked about the same, but comparing the two pics, I can see it's a bit 'tidier' after blocking. I don't think the size changed much. Alas, I forgot to measure it before blocking, but after blocking it's about 10.25" x 6".

P5121312

I think I'm going to go ahead with it. After all, it's not as if this is the only Clapotis I'm ever allowed to make. And I enjoyed knitting the sample, so that's good too.

2 comments:

amc said...

So... clapotis is a pattern style that's all wavy? And you're making the sweater in to a scarf?

tada said...

Yup. The clapotis pattern is for a scarf/wrap that's knit on the bias. The wavy bits are made by dropping stitches at intervals. They'll be less wavy after blocking, but this yarn doesn't block perfectly, so some of the wave will remain.

And I got the yarn from a sweater I unraveled. I'm so frugal!