Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Corded Bag

I made some modifications to the original pattern, and I'm pleased with how they've turned out. I made it taller than the recommended 3.5 inches - about 6. I added a crocheted shoulder strap. I also put in a button hole, and then after the strap was done, I continued around the inside of the bag doing a slip stitch ridge near the top. As part of this ridge, I crocheted the button to the inside of the bag so when it goes through the button hole it looks all cool and stuff.

Sorry for the low quality pics - it’s after 1 in the morning and I’m not going to set up the light box now. I’ll take better pics later.

Corded Bag 1

Corded Bag 2

1 comment:

amc said...

Yay! It's done! And I'm glad that you modified the pattern. There's no way I'm fitting all my crap in 3.5 inches. Can't wait to see it.