Friday, February 5, 2010

Some Works In Progress

Fun stuff, as follows:

Striped scarf, to match my striped mittens. This is a tube of stockinette stitch. I'm sewing the ends shut using Kitchener stitch. I'm on the very last blue stripe, so I may finish it this weekend.
StripedScarf1

StripedScarf2

Purple scarf of amazing softness. This is done in an absurdly expensive (to me) chenille yarn. I've been wanting one for years, so I just bought myself 4 skeins of it and it's sooooo neat. And yes, it really is that glossy.

It's about 5 inches wide. I may felt it later, but from what I read it should only lose about 10% of it's size if I do, so that should be OK.
SinsationScarf2

And this is the cuff of what will become elbow-length purple fingerless mittens. I'm making these up as a go along, so we'll see how it goes.
LongMitts2

No comments: