Saturday, September 26, 2009

Booga Bag

I recently traded a knitting book for some blue and purple wool. I don't know much about it except that it was from a local (to the person I was trading with) source. It inspired me to try my hand at this pattern: Booga Bag. I've done hand-felting before, but this is my first try at doing some in the washing machine. Here's a pic of the bag before felting...

Bag4

The bag is in the washing machine right now with a couple of pairs of jeans. I'll post more pics after it's felted enough and is ready for blocking...

FYI, I did more rows than the pattern calls for just to use up the yarn. Since I don't really have any idea what size it will be when I'm done, I figured what the hell...

Update:
Ran it through the wash a few times last night - 3 or 4 times, lost count. It was getting fuzzy, but not shrinking. So I went to bed. Running it through again now. The pattern said it could take several times, so no worries yet.



1 comment:

amc said...

Blue and purple stripes! I like it as is, though I'm curious about the felting result.