Thursday, March 5, 2009

Paris Yarn

E. from work got back from his Paris vacation a couple of days ago and brought me this spiffy laceweight yarn! It's called Mohair Caresse, and the label says it's 73% mohair, 25% laine and 2% polyamide. What's laine? Heck if I know. But it's lovely yarn, fuzzy and soft. I would say it's pinkish/purplish/reddish with faint bits of black and even fainter bits of orange. I'll be researching this yarn to see what else I can find out about it and what I can do with 2 skeins of it.

ParisYarn1

ParisYarn2

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's french for wool. :)

Unknown said...

You could make a lace scarf or shawl. Or if you want to go racy, you could make sexy stockings (a ribbon tie up the back would be really hot) or a see through top. ;)

tada said...

Lace scarf it is, since there's not quite enough for a shawl. Another time when I have enough yarn I think a see through top would also be cool.